In the fight against viruses and pathogens, the immune system is strengthened by a healthy nervous system. In times of public health crises and beyond, Doctors of Chiropractic help ensure both are strong.
The immune system most often takes credit for protecting the body from illness. However, it is another organ system that is “behind the scenes,” directing the immune system and the rest of the body: the nervous system. While the immune system defends against harmful viruses, bacteria and fungi, the nervous system communicates signals through the brain, spinal cord, sensory organs and nerves, acting as the body’s control center.
When a threatening agent enters the body, the immune system alerts the nervous system, which answers this call-to-action by triggering a stronger immune response to attack the threat. As we face today’s pandemic, chiropractic care is key to supporting your body’s control and defense systems. Research has shown that cervical chiropractic adjustments stimulate the production of T cells – which are the first line of defense against illness.
“A healthy nervous system is directly correlated and critically important for a strong immune system,”
said Dr. Amanda Austin, Chiropractor and Owner of Tri-State Clinic North in Chattanooga.
“Chiropractors treat subluxations, which occur when a vertebra is out of alignment, causing pressure on a nerve. By releasing this pressure, it allows the nerve to function at 100 percent – the way God designed the nervous system to work. Therefore, every organ is able to function at full capacity, which can dramatically improve your health.”
Historically, data shows that individuals receiving chiropractic care are more likely to survive a public health crisis. Tri-State Clinic North is working hard to maintain those statistics and lower the number of COVID-19 cases by providing exceptional chiropractic care while taking safety precautions.
Sanitizing the room after each patient, frequent handwashing, social distancing and measuring temperatures of both employees and patients are just a few ways Tri-State is following health guidelines to keep you safe while boosting your health through chiropractic care. The team at Tri-State is prepared to support your health during the coronavirus pandemic and beyond.
“Regular spinal adjustments, especially when paired with nutrition, healthy diet, exercise and sleep, can equip us with immunity for protection against coronavirus,”
said Dr. Austin.
“The health of our patients is our first priority, and Tri-State is on a mission to boost immunity in our community.”
10 OTHER WAYS TO BOOST YOUR IMMUNITY
- FOODS Nutrient dense foods such as blueberries, spinach, and avocados.
- Vitamin D3 At least 20 minutes of sunlight exposure daily or through supplements. – D3 not D2.
- Water Filtered water, fruit infused, bone broth, or freshly juiced fruit is best.
- Sleep Get 7-8 hours minimum a night! This helps clear out toxins and rest the nervous system.
- Get Adjusted Chiropractic adjustments increases T cells, your natural defense against viruses.
- Probiotics Found in yogurt (without added sugar), keifir and sauerkraut stimulate antibodies in your gut to
- fight bacteria and viruses.
- Cod Liver Oil Packed with omega 3’s, Vitamins A & D, reduces inflammation.
- Vitamin C Surprisingly, not oranges….the highest quantities are found in bell peppers, kale, broccoli and
- Exercise 30 minutes of walking daily boosts neutrophil levels and natural killer to blood cell counts.
- Zinc Found in meat, shellfish, and legumes. Functions as an anti-oxidant and is crucial for normal
- development and function of cells mediating innate immunity, neutrophils, and natural killer cells.
520 Cherokee Blvd.
$25 ($350 Value)
NEW PATIENT EVALUATION
Consultation, Spinal Exam, X-rays and Report of findings.
Does not apply to Medicare patients.Not valid with any other offer or prior treatments. Offer expires 8-31-20.